If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Omaha. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Omaha. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that most Nebraska car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by approximately $860 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The intent of this article is to familiarize you with how to get online quotes and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Smart buyers just need to know the tricks to shop for auto insurance online.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,050||$525||$88|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,224||$612||$102|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,004||$502||$84|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in Omaha location which can alter coverage prices greatly.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if your license is active, your general credit rating, daily mileage, and if you require a SR-22. That information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes immediately.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Omaha, NE. In order to find the best auto insurance in Omaha, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Eight tips to get lower Omaha car insurance prices
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices. Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- You might want pay the minor car insurance claims yourself – Car insurance companies in Nebraska award the lowest premiums to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower car insurance rates – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
- Responsible drivers pay better rates – Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Having just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. People who have multiple citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Continuous car insurance coverage saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Premiums go up with performance – The performance of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Get married and get better prices – Having a spouse actually saves money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you work long hours in a demanding job? – Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and financial analysts generally pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like farmers, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies afford a discount to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance companies ranked
Picking a good quality company can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Nebraska. The ranking information below could help you choose which providers you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family