If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Omaha.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in Nebraska could save themselves as much as 30% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can use this information to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Omaha is easy if you know what you’re doing. Smart buyers just need to understand the most efficient way to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
Getting more affordable Chevy Silverado insurance pricing can be relatively painless. Just spend a few minutes comparing free Omaha car insurance quotes from online providers.
It’s so simple to compare insurance price quotes online replaces the need to spend your day driving to local Omaha insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Chevy Silverado insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the trained advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Omaha, NE. If you want cheap car insurance in Omaha, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Omaha
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow companies to spy on vehicle usage by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Having primary and secondary vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Paperless Signup – A few car insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application on your computer.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Omaha car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Omaha Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Omaha can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, multiple autos, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, driver training, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Allstate offers discounts for good student, FullPay discount, premier plus, auto/life discount, new car, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, homeowner, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado rate quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Omaha. For a list of car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Analysis of Chevy Silverado rates
The rate information displayed below covers a range of insurance costs for Chevy Silverado models. Knowing how policy rates are calculated can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$120||$228||$440||$26||$132||$946||$79|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$120||$228||$390||$24||$116||$878||$73|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$138||$278||$440||$26||$132||$1,014||$85|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$138||$278||$440||$26||$132||$1,014||$85|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$138||$278||$390||$24||$116||$946||$79|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$138||$278||$390||$24||$116||$946||$79|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$138||$278||$440||$26||$132||$1,014||$85|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$138||$278||$440||$26||$132||$1,014||$85|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$326||$390||$24||$116||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$326||$390||$24||$116||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$156||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$156||$326||$390||$24||$116||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$156||$326||$440||$26||$132||$1,080||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$156||$326||$390||$24||$116||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$156||$376||$390||$24||$116||$1,062||$89|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$172||$376||$390||$24||$116||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can change prices substantially.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can affect Chevy Silverado insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Chevy Silverado premium costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your rates.
Age of drivers – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Men and women get in auto accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Silverado car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Verify your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your Silverado may be costing you higher rates.
Get married and pay lower rates – Having a significant other may cut your premiums on auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Chevy Silverado historical loss data – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD||76||118||85||78||69||125|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD||60||76||72||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD||89||103||131||77||70||94|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD||96||105||116||57||57||87|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD||90||126||100||88||85||117|
|Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD||84||98||89||60||60||88|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD||60||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD||66||97||66|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD||76||127||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD||88||114||97||45||42||82|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD||80||54|
|Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD||79||105||83||37||43||75|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD||65|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD||98||127||108||54||39||76|
|Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD||129||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Omaha insurance agencies?
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Omaha who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Omaha?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When looking for an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Omaha that are able to give rate quotes.
Farmers Insurance – Lisa Powell
11322 Davenport St – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 614-4633 – View Map
Len Siedlik – State Farm Insurance Agent
12781 Q St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 895-4446 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Robert Vacanti Agency Inc.
2928 N 108th St – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 496-1550 – View Map
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Omaha that can give you price quotes.
Nia Insurance Agency Inc
2816 N 24th St – Omaha, NE 68110 – (402) 779-8999 – View Map
Omaha Division Insurance
14792 Ray Sapp Dr – Omaha, NE 68138 – (402) 334-7087 – View Map
Auto Insurance Mart
1913 Military Ave – Omaha, NE 68111 – (402) 553-0700 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique and your insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my Chevy Silverado covered for flood damage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Should I buy only the required Nebraska minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Best auto insurance company in Nebraska
Selecting a high-quality company can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Nebraska. The ranking data shown next can help you choose which providers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
You just learned many ways to shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper Chevy Silverado insurance in Omaha can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much is Omaha Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)