Anyone knows that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates are likely to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your goal, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable Chevy Impala insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Omaha.
Step 1: Get an understanding of car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new insurance company. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Score discounts to get cheaper Omaha car insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Omaha car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Impala car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The data is based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-theft, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and air bags.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- Travelers has savings for good student, early quote, new car, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-car, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer free Chevy Impala insurance quotes in Omaha, click this link.
How to get Omaha Chevy Impala insurance quotes
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Just take time to compare rates from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Omaha, NE. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Omaha, NE, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information shown below showcases a range of coverage prices for Chevy Impala models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are established can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in your specific Omaha location which can influence premiums significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Chevy Impala yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance premiums by gender
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Impala insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevy Impala Insurance Premium Factors
Many factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Being married brings a discount – Getting married can get you a discount compared to being single. It is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Your location is important – Living in a rural area is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more you drive in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your vehicle rating correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Impala can cost quite a bit.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Most major companies will give lower prices to customers that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
- Be proud to be claim-free – Companies in Nebraska generally give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Impala – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chevy Impala vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Impala Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Impala 104 89 135 122 122 104 Chevrolet Impala Limited 100 115 79 142 148 153BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance quotes from local Omaha insurance agents
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to participating agents in Omaha who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
If you get satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found a company that can be relied on to service your policy.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Omaha, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Impala has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Impala and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Chevy Impala insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
When you buy Omaha car insurance online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much is Omaha Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)