Are you irritated from scraping nickels together to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other consumers in Nebraska.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who get price comparisons are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on car insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning about the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding discount Pontiac Solstice insurance in Omaha
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Omaha is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Nebraska. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a low credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available in Omaha. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Omaha.
Consumers should take time to compare rates every six months due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Omaha last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about Solstice insurance online, but you can learn some tested techniques to buy auto insurance cheaper in Omaha.
Our objective is to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although Nebraska vehicle owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps you find lower pricing.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Omaha, NE. To buy cheap car insurance in Omaha, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get discounts on Omaha insurance
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Professional Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Omaha auto insurance digitally online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Omaha auto insurance quote when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could qualify for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, teen driver, youthful driver, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, driver training, good student, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, safe driver, homeowner, teen safe driver, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for good student, newly married, new graduate, newly retired, and preferred payment discount.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to view companies with the best Pontiac Solstice insurance discounts in Nebraska, click this link.
Comparing rates from local Omaha insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in Omaha.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Omaha that provide free Omaha auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a local Omaha insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Omaha who may provide free price quotes.
United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Robert Vacanti Agency Inc.
2928 N 108th St – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 496-1550 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Pontiac Solstice insurance, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a loan, most banks will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, loss of income and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Nebraska state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Nebraska drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Nebraska limits are 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Solstice caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your Solstice to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, hospital visits, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Ratings for Nebraska auto insurance companies
Finding a high-quality company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Nebraska. The ranking data in the next section could help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Shop around and save
Cost effective Pontiac Solstice insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Omaha agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Pontiac Solstice insurance car insurance rates in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
How to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Omaha
It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Pontiac Solstice insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Omaha.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Solstice coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Omaha Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Mazda CX-7 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)