Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,440, Omaha drivers could save themselves up to 30% a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Omaha is to compare prices once a year from providers in Nebraska.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To find low cost Omaha auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from local Omaha auto insurance companies. The simplest method to compare Subaru Forester insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing online rate quotes makes this unnecessary unless you want the professional assistance only provided by licensed agents. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent. When quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Omaha, NE. To locate cheap car insurance in Omaha, NE, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Omaha, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Nebraska is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The premium table shown next showcases estimates of coverage prices for Subaru Forester models. Having a better understanding of how policy premiums are determined is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$164||$262||$240||$14||$72||$752||$63|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$164||$262||$240||$14||$72||$752||$63|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$164||$262||$240||$14||$72||$752||$63|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$182||$262||$240||$14||$72||$770||$64|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$182||$308||$240||$14||$72||$816||$68|
|Forester XT AWD||$182||$308||$240||$14||$72||$816||$68|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$182||$308||$240||$14||$72||$816||$68|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$182||$308||$240||$14||$72||$816||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase prices substantially.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Subaru Forester insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Omaha
The information below shows the difference between Subaru Forester insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Discounts can help save money on Subaru Forester insurance in Omaha
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Renewal Discounts – Select car insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current Forester insurance policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the difference between Subaru Forester insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may include most of these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policies in Omaha.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Omaha.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Omaha that can provide free Omaha auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use local Omaha agents, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Omaha are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Omaha who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Omaha that can give you price quote information.
Tommy Hughes Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1321 Jones St #104 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 346-1011 – View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does their agency support local causes in Omaha?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Forester.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This covers damage to your Forester caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your Forester in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like legal defense fees, attorney fees, pain and suffering and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Nebraska requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Subaru Forester insurance auto insurance rates in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Omaha auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Omaha auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
When getting Omaha auto insurance quotes online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance providers may not have online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with local independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Omaha can be sourced online in addition to many Omaha insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about car insurance in Nebraska can be read at these links:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Kia Optima in Omaha? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)