It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped around saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Lincoln LS insurance in Omaha is your goal, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Lincoln LS insurance in Omaha is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional ideas to get low prices and find missing discounts.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new company. Immediately put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Omaha is much easier if you know where to start. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Smart buyers just need to use how to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
Get lower-cost rates by earning discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- No Claims – Omaha drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To locate insurers who offer insurance discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give insurance quotes direct online. Getting online quotes for Lincoln LS insurance in Omaha is possible for anyone as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system gets your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online for Lincoln LS insurance in Omaha makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Omaha, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Lincoln LS?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Nebraska?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Omaha who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Omaha should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- If they are an independent agency in Omaha, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Omaha agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can handle car insurance, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Omaha who can help you get price quote information.
- Jackie Pletan – State Farm Insurance Agent
8333 Cass St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 391-2673 – View Map
- Tommy Hughes Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1321 Jones St #104 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 346-1011 – View Map
- Jay Bergmeier – State Farm Insurance Agent
16707 Q St – Omaha, NE 68135 – (402) 895-7500 – View Map
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below are independent agents in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
- Davis Companies
1313 Cuming St #200 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 399-9090 – View Map
- Auto Insurance Mart
1913 Military Ave – Omaha, NE 68111 – (402) 553-0700 – View Map
- Action Insurance
12100 W Center Rd #208 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 697-8181 – View Map
Once you have received satisfactory answers to any questions you have as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Best auto insurance in Nebraska
Selecting the top car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Omaha. The company ratings displayed below may help you choose which auto insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Omaha can be bought online in addition to many Omaha insurance agents, so you need to shop Omaha car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just showed you many tips how you can find cheaper Lincoln LS insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Lincoln LS rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)