Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Omaha is your objective, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare coverages can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for car insurance rates in Omaha is to compare quotes once a year from companies that sell auto insurance in Nebraska.
First, read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides tips to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Omaha. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important note is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Choosing the best rates in Omaha is actually quite simple. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using this strategy. But Nebraska consumers do need to know the way insurance companies price insurance differently because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from lots of Nebraska auto insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Kia Stinger insurance consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies helps you find a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Omaha Stinger insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Omaha, NE. To find the best cheap car insurance in Omaha, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Lower rate quotes by getting discounts
Some insurers do not list all discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Omaha can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Kia can qualify you for slightly better prices than normal.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small discount on rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from Omaha attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, good student, bundle, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good student, bundled insurance, accident-free, and air bags.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, teen driver, homeowner, pay in full, good student, multi-car, and distant student.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, military installation, defensive driver, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, newly retired, newly married, multi-policy, and new graduate.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate insurance companies with discount insurance rates in Omaha, click this link.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Omaha Stinger insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your Kia and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance agencies can help
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nebraska?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agents in Omaha that can give you price quotes.
- Sherman Willis – State Farm Insurance Agent
4915 N 120th St Ste 107 – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 493-1000 – View Map
- Tommy Hughes Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1321 Jones St #104 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 346-1011 – View Map
- Araf Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
12005 W Center Rd #95 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 884-1885 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Omaha willing to provide price quotes.
- Best Insurance Agency
7300 F St – Omaha, NE 68127 – (402) 331-1515 – View Map
- Chastain-Otis Insurance and Financial Services
10822 Old Mill Rd #2 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 397-2500 – View Map
- Nia Insurance Agency Inc
2816 N 24th St – Omaha, NE 68110 – (402) 779-8999 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as cheaper Stinger insurance quotes, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.