Remarkably, a study showed that most insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Nebraska insurance shoppers can save nearly 30% each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Omaha is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell insurance in Nebraska.
- Get a basic knowledge of auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Omaha can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. Although Nebraska car owners should learn the methods companies use to price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Affordable companies for Honda CR-Z insurance
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Omaha, NE. To find cheap car insurance in Omaha, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Honda CR-Z insurance discounts in Omaha
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable driving data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have better car insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, good student, teen driver, and early shopping.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, safety device, Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, anti-theft, and claim free.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, drive less, homeowner, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, good driver, good student, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Omaha. To see a list of providers who offer cheap Honda CR-Z insurance quotes in Nebraska, click here.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get cheaper rates. Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your CR-Z can cost quite a bit.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a wife or husband may save some money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- With age comes responsibility – Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower prices – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Cautious drivers pay the best prices – Being a careful driver has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have dangerous tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft.
- Car insurance rates and your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs like judges, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other careers like actors, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Claims statistics for a Honda CR-Z – Car insurance companies use claims history in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Nebraska?
- If my Honda CR-Z is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Omaha car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Omaha?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Omaha?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you want a good insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Omaha exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – T. C. Johnson Agency Inc.
155 N 72nd St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 561-8633 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you should always compare prices from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are Omaha independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
Once you have received positive responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your Honda CR-Z insurance premium rates in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Lower-priced Honda CR-Z insurance in Omaha can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Omaha Car Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)