If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Omaha is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Nebraska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for additional tips to prevent high prices and get bigger discounts.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Select a company
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Patriot coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and to quote with every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around saved $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on car insurance in Omaha is why you’re here, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
The purpose of this post is to instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes and also pocket some savings If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Drivers just have to learn the proper methods to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
Get lower-cost Jeep Patriot insurance in Omaha with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Patriot insurance in Omaha.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new Patriot may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Patriot car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies that may have these discounts possibly include:
When getting free Omaha auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company to give you their best rates. Discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Omaha, follow this link.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, replaces the need to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting Jeep Patriot insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the peace of mind that only an agent can give. Although you can comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If you want cheap auto insurance in Omaha, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Jeep Patriot insurance coverage information
The information shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Jeep Patriot models. Understanding how prices are figured can help customers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$156||$266||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$156||$266||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$178||$324||$282||$16||$84||$884||$74|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$178||$324||$282||$16||$84||$884||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in your specific Omaha location which can influence rates noticeably.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline to delete full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Patriot book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Local insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Omaha.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Omaha who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Omaha can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Omaha that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Omaha exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
More quotes mean more insurance savings
You just read quite a bit of information on how to find affordable Jeep Patriot insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Omaha auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper Jeep Patriot insurance in Omaha can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When searching for cheaper Omaha auto insurance quotes, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Omaha Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)