Amazingly, the majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in Nebraska can cut their rates by 30% a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched.
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Omaha.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides instructions to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Omaha is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using this strategy. Drivers only need to know how to get comparison rates online.
Companies offering Kia Sportage insurance in Omaha
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Omaha, NE. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Omaha, it’s highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Kia Sportage coverage statistics
The premium table shown next covers a range of coverage costs for Kia Sportage models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$98||$172||$288||$18||$86||$662||$55|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$98||$172||$288||$18||$86||$662||$55|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$112||$208||$288||$18||$86||$712||$59|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify price quotes greatly.
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Kia Sportage annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The diagram below shows the difference between Kia Sportage auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Kia Sportage insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact rule that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Sportage book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Lower the Price of Auto Insurance with These Tips
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
The following are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Expect high rates for teens – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The following chart is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- No policy gaps is important – Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you fines and jail time.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most major insurance companies will award discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Your car’s features help determine premiums – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Good drivers pay the best premiums – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates substantially. People who have careless violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can raise Kia Sportage auto insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Get married and pay lower premiums – Having a significant other can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Liability coverage is critical – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance losses for a Kia Sportage – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sportage Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Kia Sportage insurance in Omaha
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current Sportage insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Omaha auto insurance quotes online.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below shows the difference between Kia Sportage premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find the cheapest Kia Sportage rate quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in every state. To view insurers who offer discounts in Nebraska, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Omaha car insurance agents?
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your information is transmitted to companies in Omaha that provide free Omaha auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nebraska?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Omaha?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Exclusive and independent Omaha auto insurance agents
When finding an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Omaha are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Omaha who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Larry Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
11717 Burt St #105 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 491-0111 – View Map
- Tom Kaspar – State Farm Insurance Agent
1722 N 120th St – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 493-0101 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Larry Schmitz
2726 S 148th Cir – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 895-3663 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you should always get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
- Alvarez Insurance Agency
4629 S 23rd St – Omaha, NE 68107 – (402) 733-1878 – View Map
- Omaha Insurance Services, Inc.
11132 O St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 592-4455 – View Map
- AA Brokers Insurance Agency Inc.
2214 N 90th Plaza – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 392-1930 – View Map
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Kia Sportage insurance in Omaha is possible from both online companies in addition to many Omaha insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)