Truthfully, the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Omaha is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Nebraska. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to point out is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most insurance policyholders have been with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Omaha could pocket roughly $390 a year, but they just don’t understand the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Companies offering competitive Chevy SS rates in Omaha, NE
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Nebraska. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Omaha, NE, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Four Tips to Get More Affordable Omaha Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rate level.
Premiums drop with age – Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Young drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Commute or pleasure use – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your SS can result in significantly higher rates.
Lower rates with theft deterrents – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Buy a safe car and pay less – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Chevy SS is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Chevy SS claim statistics – Insurers use historical loss data when setting premium costs. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure. The data below shows the collected loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy SS insurance in Omaha
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Omaha auto insurance quote.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new SS can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, payment discounts, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly retired, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, new move discount, and safety features.
- American Family offers discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to go talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Omaha who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Omaha?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is there a local claims center in Omaha?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that can insure your vehicles. Just be aware that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your policy whenever you wish so don’t think that you are obligated to a specific agent indefinitely.
Car insurance companies ranked
Finding the top car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Omaha. The information in the lists below may help you decide which companies to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
When searching for inexpensive Omaha auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Chevy SS insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)