Comparing and finding cheap premium rates for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha is nearly impossible for people who are beginners to online comparison shopping. With such a large choice of companies, it can quickly become hard work to find the best price in Nebraska on Chevy Cobalt insurance.
How to find cheaper rates for Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha
The most effective way to find better pricing on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Nebraska.
- Try to comprehend auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for additional ideas to help reduce prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Cobalt coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who compare other prices are inclined to switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of getting low-cost coverage. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha is your ultimate objective, knowing how to compare coverages can make the process less intimidating.
Smart consumers take time to check insurance prices yearly because prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you had the best rates on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to get good coverage on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha at a lower rate.
Comparison shopping for the lowest-priced protection in Omaha is actually quite simple. In essence, every driver who is shopping for car insurance stands a good chance to be able to reduce their rates. But Nebraska vehicle owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
To get inexpensive Omaha auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Nebraska. The simplest method to find the cheapest Chevy Cobalt insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps you find lower pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Omaha, NE. To locate cheap car insurance in Omaha, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Chevy Cobalt insurance charts and tables
The information shown next outlines a range of insurance costs for Chevy Cobalt models. Being aware of how auto insurance premiums are determined can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cobalt LS 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$538||$382||$22||$114||$1,250||$104|
|Cobalt XFE 4-Dr Sedan||$194||$538||$382||$22||$114||$1,250||$104|
|Cobalt LS 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$538||$424||$26||$126||$1,336||$111|
|Cobalt XFE 2-Dr Coupe||$222||$538||$424||$26||$126||$1,336||$111|
|Cobalt LT 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$538||$382||$22||$114||$1,278||$107|
|Cobalt LT 2-Dr Coupe||$250||$538||$424||$26||$126||$1,364||$114|
|Cobalt SS Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$700||$424||$26||$126||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Omaha which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the Nebraska minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Cobalt claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Why you need Cobalt insurance in Nebraska
Even though Omaha Cobalt insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Nebraska is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Stress out and pay more – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like lawyers, business owners, and stock brokers generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, athletes and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Driving citations can be expensive – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Chevy Cobalt insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Credit history impacts rates – Your credit score can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Cobalt by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Do you know your deductibles? – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Omaha attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Sign Online – Some companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will cut your policy cost.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Cobalt insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multi-policy, type of vehicle, age of vehicle, annual mileage, accident-free, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for multi-car, switch companies, pay in full, bundle discounts, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and safe driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, anti-theft, student away at school, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Allstate offers discounts for early signing, passive restraint, FullPay discount, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, senior citizen, and teenSMART discount.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Omaha auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Omaha. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Omaha, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Omaha.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Omaha auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Omaha can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you should always compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Omaha that can give you pricing information.
- Mech Insurance
3901 Q St – Omaha, NE 68107 – (402) 731-5965 – View Map
- Alvarez Insurance Agency
4629 S 23rd St – Omaha, NE 68107 – (402) 733-1878 – View Map
- N P Dodge Insurance
8701 W Dodge Rd #100 – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 938-5008 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Omaha that can give you rate quotes.
- Matt Dougherty – State Farm Insurance Agent
4910 Dodge St – Omaha, NE 68132 – (402) 884-2870 – View Map
- Larry Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
11717 Burt St #105 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 491-0111 – View Map
- Angie Lintz – State Farm Insurance Agent
5484 North 90th Street – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 991-7366 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Omaha?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Persistence pays off
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Omaha auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to finding lower priced Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Chevy Cobalt insurance in Omaha is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Nebraska.
- Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Omaha Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)