Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for the cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Omaha? Locating budget Omaha Buick Regal insurance quotes online can seem to be challenging for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and buying their car insurance over the internet. With literally dozens of companies in the marketplace, how are vehicle owners expected to have the ability to compare every one to find the cheapest price possible?
A recent car insurance study revealed that most car insurance customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,440, Nebraska drivers could save almost 30% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
When looking for low cost Omaha car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from lots of Nebraska car insurance companies. The fastest way to comparison shop consists of shopping online.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. To locate cheap car insurance in Omaha, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Affordable rates on Buick Regal insurance in Omaha with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on their website.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to monitor driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Buick for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects both your Buick and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Nebraska is overpaying over $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the minimum liability in Nebraska?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Compare prices but buy from a local Omaha insurance agency
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Omaha.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Omaha who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Omaha who may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Chastain-Otis Insurance and Financial Services
10822 Old Mill Rd #2 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 397-2500 – View Map
- Auto Insurance Mart
1913 Military Ave – Omaha, NE 68111 – (402) 553-0700 – View Map
- Accredited Insurance Group, Inc.
11347 Davenport St – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 334-1780 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are Omaha exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Steven Moor Agency Inc.
13358 W Maple Rd – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 399-8200 – View Map
- Cyrus Jaffery – State Farm Insurance Agent
3015 North 90th Street Ste 3 – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 451-2500 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – T. C. Johnson Agency Inc.
155 N 72nd St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 561-8633 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?