It’s hard to believe, but most car insurance policyholders in Nebraska have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in the United States could cut their rates by nearly $859 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop their coverage around.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost Jeep Cherokee insurance in Omaha is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Nebraska.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding tickets, careless driving and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance without having to cut coverage. This information will introduce you to how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. Vehicle owners just have to understand how to get comparison rates online.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Omaha, NE. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Omaha, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Omaha, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Jeep at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Affordable Omaha auto insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Omaha is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Omaha auto insurance quote as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, student away at school, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, youthful driver, business and professional, distant student, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, federal employee, driver training, seat belt use, air bags, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- American Family has discounts for good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide offers discounts including easy pay, good student, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, accident-free, and defensive driving.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Omaha auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Savings may not be offered in your area. For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Omaha, follow this link.
You may need help from an insurance agency
Many people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Omaha that can provide free Omaha auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Omaha should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Two types of Omaha car insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in Omaha are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are Omaha exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Lance Juett
2708 S 114th St – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 315-1554 – View Map
- Cyrus Jaffery – State Farm Insurance Agent
3015 North 90th Street Ste 3 – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 451-2500 – View Map
- State Farm® insurance – Beau Iske
13829 Millard Ave – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 895-4424 – View Map
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance prices, you should always contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
- Vander Vorst Insurance Agency
15037 Industrial Rd – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 330-7979 – View Map
- BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
- United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What happens if I owe more than my Jeep Cherokee is worth?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
How much can you save?
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just covered some good ideas how you can find lower-cost Jeep Cherokee insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Omaha auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Omaha can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Omaha insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information is available at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Police Officers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)