If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Omaha. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to help prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Honda Clarity insurance is your objective, then understanding the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Take these five policy discounts and save on Honda Clarity insurance in Omaha
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Clarity can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Omaha car insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free before the accident.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, newly retired, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, paperless, multiple vehicles, multi-policy, safe driver, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, good student, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO has discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies who offer online Honda Clarity insurance quotes in Nebraska, click this link.
Cutting your Omaha insurance rates can be relatively painless. All you need to do is take time to get quotes from some recommended companies.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to waste gas driving to all the different Omaha insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance only provided by licensed Omaha agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Nebraska. To locate the best car insurance in Omaha, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Omaha.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Omaha who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Agents in Omaha are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they differ because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s recommended you check rates from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Omaha who may be able to give you price quotes.
BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Omaha who can help you get rate quotes.
Len Siedlik – State Farm Insurance Agent
12781 Q St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 895-4446 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Omaha will have answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Omaha?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
If you get satisfactory answers and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Omaha, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Honda, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance coverages for a Honda Clarity
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Honda Clarity.
Due to the fact that many Nebraska drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/25 in Nebraska), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, fire damage, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical services and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible. Nebraska requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for pain medications, surgery and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Clarity in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More quotes mean more car insurance savings
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered many tips how you can save on Honda Clarity insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)