The best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Omaha is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to help keep prices low and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Excursion coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Quoting and comparing the best auto insurance policy in Omaha is not that difficult. Virtually every driver who shops for auto insurance will find a cheaper policy. Although Nebraska car owners must understand the way insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Nebraska. If you want to find the best car insurance in Omaha, NE, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Buying the right Excursion insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Omaha, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Excursion. It will also reimburse you for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Excursion more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Find Ford Excursion Insurance More Affordably
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
What are your deductibles? – The deductibles are how much you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
Which gender costs less? – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Lots of insurance companies will give better rates to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to save money by splitting coverages up.
Car features can affect prices – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
High credit scores save money – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Ford Excursion by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Careless drivers pay higher prices – Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Getting just one citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who have gotten multiple tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in a rural area has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities regularly have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Omaha car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, multi-policy, continuous insurance, home ownership, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, good driver, mySafetyValet, accident-free, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for good student, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, safety features, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Omaha, click here to view.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Omaha car insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Omaha.
Upon completion of this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance policy providers are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Omaha who can help you get free rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Omaha exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. A good agent in Omaha will have answers to these questions.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Omaha?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
Budget-friendly insurance in Omaha is available online and also from your neighborhood Omaha agents, so you need to shop Omaha car insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare Ford Excursion insurance prices in Omaha. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Omaha car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)