Nobody I know enjoys paying for auto insurance, especially when it costs too dang much.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. Nebraska drivers could save an average of almost 30% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
How to buy low-cost Dodge Avenger insurance in Omaha
The preferred way to get discount car insurance rates in Omaha is to do an annual price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more ideas to get affordable coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Omaha. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a good habit to compare rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best deal on Dodge Avenger insurance in Omaha a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Omaha can be easy if you know a few tricks. In a nutshell, every person who is required by state law to have auto insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. But Nebraska consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Dodge Avenger insurance discounts in Omaha
Some companies don’t always advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Omaha auto insurance quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Omaha auto insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save up to 20% off your total Avenger insurance premium.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on your computer.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Avenger insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to view car insurance companies with the best Dodge Avenger insurance discounts in Omaha in Nebraska, click here.
It’s important to know that quoting more helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Omaha, NE. To get cheaper auto insurance in Omaha, NE, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate information below showcases a range of insurance rates for Dodge Avenger models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are established can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter premium rates considerably.
Buy Dodge Avenger Insurance at a Discount
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Traffic violations drive up costs – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Careful drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions influence Dodge Avenger insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Reserve car insurance claims for larger damages – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Nebraska generally give the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Dodge Avenger earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your vehicle rating correctly shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. An improperly rated Avenger can result in significantly higher rates.
Urban residents pay more – Living in less populated areas is a good thing when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers have congested traffic and more severe claims. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Never go without car insurance – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying your policy, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Dodge Avenger to commute?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Dodge Avenger?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nebraska?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Omaha who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Omaha independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t assume you are locked into a specific agent indefinitely.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Avenger in Omaha, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Avenger has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Dodge Avenger but also your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
We just presented a lot of ways to compare Dodge Avenger insurance rates in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Omaha auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
As you quote Omaha auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
People switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
How to find affordable quotes for Dodge Avenger insurance in Omaha
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable Dodge Avenger insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers that insure vehicles in Omaha.
- Step 1: Try to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Omaha. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Be sure to place your new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Omaha Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)