Unfortunately, nearly 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Omaha consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Hyundai Ioniq insurance is to compare quotes once a year from companies that insure vehicles in Omaha.
- First, try to understand how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. The intent of this article is to let you in on how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. Drivers just have to use the quickest way to compare rates instantly.
Cheapest Hyundai Ioniq insurance quotes in Omaha
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. To locate cheap car insurance in Omaha, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional in Nebraska
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Omaha, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Components of Your Hyundai Ioniq Insurance Premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Always keep your insurance policy in force – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Younger driver insurance premiums – Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
- How much liability coverage do you need? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Prevent theft and save – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Add-on coverages that aren’t used – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Ioniq policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Get discounts on Omaha auto insurance
Car insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable companies to look at their driving habits by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies who may offer most of these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
If you want cheaper Omaha car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Omaha. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Nebraska, click this link.
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my Hyundai Ioniq covered if I use it for business?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying auto insurance from Omaha insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Omaha who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
- Janice Peterson – State Farm Insurance Agent
9785 Q St Ste #4 – Omaha, NE 68127 – (402) 593-1899 – View Map
- Aaron Stockton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1411 N 72nd St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 551-3455 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Larry Schmitz
2726 S 148th Cir – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 895-3663 – View Map
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Below are Omaha independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Southwell Insurance Agency, LLC.
2809 S 160th St #307 – Omaha, NE 68130 – (402) 493-6940 – View Map
- Action Insurance
12100 W Center Rd #208 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 697-8181 – View Map
- Omaha Insurance Services, Inc.
11132 O St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 592-4455 – View Map
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We just showed you a lot of techniques to shop for Hyundai Ioniq insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Omaha car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When you buy Omaha car insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)