Are you burned out from paying out the nose to pay high insurance rates every month? You’re in the same situation as many other Nebraska drivers.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of insurance customers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Nebraska drivers could save an average of as much as $400 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they won’t spend time to find lower-cost insurance rates. Companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Omaha, NE. To find cheap auto insurance in Omaha, NE, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid insurance in Omaha
Some providers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Omaha car insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze driving patterns by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, seat belt use, defensive driver, military active duty, air bags, and membership and employees.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, and driver training.
If you want inexpensive Omaha car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policies in your area. For a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Omaha, click this link.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid in Omaha, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chrysler has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chrysler as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Omaha car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Nebraska. The company rank data displayed below may help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare rates but buy from a local Omaha insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. And supporting local agents is important especially in Omaha.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Omaha that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Omaha can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a list of independent agents in Omaha that may be able to give comparison quotes.
BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Omaha that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Steven Moor Agency Inc.
13358 W Maple Rd – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 399-8200 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How are claims handled?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?