Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Nebraska can save about $400 each year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
Really, the only way to get affordable Chevy Sonic insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Omaha.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as speeding and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get better rates and get additional discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Omaha. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best insurance company for you in Omaha is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the quickest way to compare price quotes online.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Chevy Sonic insurance in Omaha is to know the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide information such as whether you drive to work or school, how much education you have, if you require a SR-22, and distance driven. Your insurance information is sent automatically to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Omaha, NE. To buy cheap car insurance in Omaha, NE, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need Sonic insurance in Nebraska
Despite the high cost, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
When should you not file policy claims? – Car insurance companies in Nebraska award most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Big city or small town – Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Residents of big cities have more auto accidents and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Insurance premiums and driver gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Insurance rates for married couples – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Cars with good safety ratings save money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
Performance affects prices – The make and model of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
What are your deductibles? – Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Chevy Sonic insurance loss data – Insurance companies use historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance in Omaha with discounts
Some providers do not advertise their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Omaha car insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Sonic may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger auto insurance companies have a lower auto insurance rate if you buy life insurance from them.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view providers who offer cheap Chevy Sonic insurance quotes in Omaha, follow this link.
Local Omaha car insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is especially important in Omaha.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Omaha that can provide free Omaha car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Omaha that can give you rate quotes.
Southwell Insurance Agency, LLC.
2809 S 160th St #307 – Omaha, NE 68130 – (402) 493-6940 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Omaha exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Omaha should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Nebraska car insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurer is difficult considering how many choices there are in Nebraska. The company information below may help you select which providers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
One last note
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Sonic insurance quotes, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper car insurance in Omaha is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)