It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who shop around for better prices are likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved an average of $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance in Omaha is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance coverage can save time and make the process easier.
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Omaha is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Nebraska.
- Read and learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and a low credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for additional tips to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on X6 insurance. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding affordable car insurance policy in Omaha is easy to do. If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Smart buyers just have to understand the proper way to shop for car insurance instantly.
Save money by receiving these seven discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- No Claim Discounts – Omaha drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Omaha car insurance quote as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower auto insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Omaha car insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Omaha Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because it is proof of financial responsibility.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of BMW X6 insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, daytime running lights, defensive driver, seat belt use, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, multi-policy, newly married, multi-car, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include anti-theft, air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, and bundle.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Nebraska, click here.
Most larger insurance companies provide prices on the web. The process is pretty easy as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When complete, their quoting system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Quoting online for BMW X6 insurance in Omaha helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get cheaper rates.
To compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Nebraska. If you want cheap car insurance in Omaha, NE, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Analysis of BMW X6 rates
The table below highlights a range of insurance rates for BMW X6 models. Being aware of how prices are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|X6 35I AWD||$224||$474||$338||$20||$102||$1,158||$97|
|X6 50I AWD||$246||$528||$338||$20||$102||$1,234||$103|
|X6 ActiveHybrid AWD||$266||$584||$338||$20||$102||$1,310||$109|
|X6 M AWD||$266||$584||$338||$20||$102||$1,310||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence BMW X6 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Driving violations and accidents
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect BMW X6 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Nebraska?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
When should I contact an insurance agency?
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you can get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local agencies is important especially in Omaha.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Omaha can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Omaha that may be able to provide free price quotes.
United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are well schooled on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Omaha exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nebraska?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Ratings for Nebraska car insurance companies
Ending up with a good quality insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Omaha. The information shown below can help you pick which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Auto insurance coverage options for a BMW X6
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW X6.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Nebraska limits are 25/50/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, dental work, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Nebraska state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your X6 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
You can lower your car insurance rates
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on BMW X6 insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Omaha Car Insurance Rates for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)