It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding better rates. A study showed that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on Mercury Montego insurance in Omaha is your ultimate target, then learning about the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Omaha is to annually compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Omaha, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Montego has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Mercury. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower Your Omaha Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nebraska motor vehicle department.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Traffic violations hurt – Only having one citation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. People who have license-revoking violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Premiums drop with age – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Beginning drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
Cheap Omaha auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
For a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Omaha, click this link.
Local agents and insurance
Many drivers prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is important particularly in Omaha.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Omaha who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Omaha that can give you rate quotes for Mercury Montego insurance in Omaha.
- Omaha Insurance Services, Inc.
11132 O St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 592-4455 – View Map
- Araf Evans – State Farm Insurance Agent
12005 W Center Rd #95 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 884-1885 – View Map
- New Frontier Insurance
3637 S 24th St – Omaha, NE 68108 – (402) 731-2505 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Robert Vacanti Agency Inc.
2928 N 108th St – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 496-1550 – View Map
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If they are an independent agency in Omaha, which companies do they recommend?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Omaha?
Be persistent and save
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Mercury Montego insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Omaha car insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mercury Montego rate quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Additional insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- How Much is Omaha Car Insurance for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)