A recent study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in Nebraska being $1,440, drivers could pocket up to $390 a year by just shopping around, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in Omaha.
- Step 1: Try to understand individual coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if cheaper V60 coverage is available in Omaha. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Affordable companies for Volvo V60 insurance in Nebraska
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in NE, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Omaha may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less can earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, drive less, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century has savings for theft prevention, early bird, driver training, good student, and homeowners.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Omaha. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer discounts in Omaha, click this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Premiums
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Frequent insurance claims will cost more – Companies in Nebraska award better rates to people who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Never let your policy expire – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Marriage is a factor – Being married may earn you lower rates on insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Costs for males may be higher – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 have the highest risk to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Expect high rates for teens – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Volvo V60 claim data – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Volvo Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo V60 2WD||68||53|
|Volvo V60 4WD||136||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Omaha who will give competitive quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
The following are agents in Omaha willing to provide price quote information for Volvo V60 insurance in Omaha.
After you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a company that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy. But remember, you can cancel coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific agency with no way out.
The best rates come from being thorough
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to shop for Volvo V60 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Veterans in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)