Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as millions of other drivers.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that drivers who routinely compared rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Tesla Model S insurance in Omaha is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to find companies and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
How to buy discount Tesla Model S insurance in Omaha
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Omaha. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more ideas to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Since drivers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be challenging to find the most affordable insurance company.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes at least once a year due to the fact that insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price on Tesla Model S insurance in Omaha on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Getting quotes for the most affordable car insurance policy in Omaha can be fairly easy. In essence, anyone who requires lower cost car insurance should be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, Nebraska car owners must understand how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find a better price. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so it’s important to compare rates from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
These discounts can reduce Tesla Model S insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Omaha car insurance online.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
When getting free Omaha car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Compare rates but still have a local Omaha insurance agency
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Omaha.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Omaha who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Auto insurance agents in Omaha come in two varieties
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Omaha that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Omaha that are able to give comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Daniel Grzywa Agency Inc
8031 W Center Rd Ste 209 – Omaha, NE 68124 – (402) 391-6364 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent in Omaha should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
Lower rates for married couples – Having a spouse may save some money compared to being single. It means you’re more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Safer occupants lowers rates – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Excellent credit saves on insurance – Having a good credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Tesla Model S by improving your rating.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Some insurers will give better rates to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Cut insurance rates and deter theft – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
Liability coverage risk factors – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Too many insurance claims drive up prices – Car insurance companies in Nebraska award cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Loss statistics for a Tesla Model S – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Tesla Model S vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 2WD||324||116||208||39||46||104|
|Tesla Model S 4dr Electric 4WD||333|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Omaha Model S insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Nebraska but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Tesla at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Tesla gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
How to find a good Omaha auto insurance company
Buying coverage from the highest-rated auto insurance company is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Nebraska. The ranking information listed below could help you select which companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
As you quote Omaha car insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Low-cost Tesla Model S insurance in Omaha can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to shop Omaha car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding better rates for Tesla Model S insurance in Omaha
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Omaha. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Much are Omaha Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Omaha Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)