Searching for more competitive Chrysler Sebring insurance in Omaha? Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to insure your Chrysler every month? You have the same problem as many other Nebraska drivers.
It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare other rates are highly likely to switch insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that consumers who shopped around annually saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance is your objective, learning how to find and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
How to find cheaper rates for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Omaha
The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Omaha.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Vehicle owners have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rate on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Omaha two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can search a lot of Sebring insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some of the best techniques to save money.
Finding cheap Chrysler Sebring insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to different Omaha agent offices. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless your situation requires the trained advice of a local Omaha agent. Although, it is possible get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Get affordable rates by applying these eight discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you may earn up to 20% and get you cheap Sebring insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Omaha could earn you a nice discount when getting a Omaha auto insurance quote.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Sebring insurance policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
The chart below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, student away at school, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and good student.
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, good student, early bird, accident-free, good driver, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, annual mileage, accident-free, professional/association, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, mature driver, bundle discounts, switch companies, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online signing.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Omaha.
Rates and statistics
The information below covers detailed analysis of coverage prices for Chrysler Sebring models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,130||$94|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,130||$94|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,154||$96|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$204||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,154||$96|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$228||$482||$390||$24||$116||$1,240||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can modify prices noticeably.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below shows the comparison of Chrysler Sebring insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparing quotes from local Omaha insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to companies in Omaha who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an company is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in Omaha will have answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Omaha?
- How many companies do they write for?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nebraska?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Different types of Omaha car insurance agents
If you want a local Omaha insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Omaha exclusive agents willing to provide price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Shane Boring Agency Inc.
16855 Q St – Omaha, NE 68135 – (402) 932-5755 – View Map
American Family Insurance – Randy Baker Agency Inc.
13768 Millard Ave – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 895-1300 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Omaha that can give you price quotes.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Nebraska
Despite the potentially high cost of Chrysler Sebring insurance, insurance is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Chrysler Sebring, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chrysler gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to save money.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Nebraska requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The chart below shows why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like surgery, nursing services, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Sebring caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible on your Sebring to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chrysler Sebring.
Due to the fact that many Nebraska drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, theft, a broken windshield and falling objects. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Cover all your bases
We’ve covered some good ideas how to save on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Omaha. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When getting Omaha auto insurance quotes online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
How to buy low-cost Chrysler Sebring insurance in Omaha
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Omaha is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell insurance in Nebraska. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)