If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get affordable Audi A3 insurance in Omaha is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Nebraska. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Omaha. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Nebraska kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. American consumers could save approximately 47% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates online.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, take advantage of these tips to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Our objective in writing this article is to tell you how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. You just need to use the quickest way to get comparison rates using one simple form.
Take advantage of these discounts on Audi A3 insurance in Omaha
Companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a defensive driver class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below illustrates the difference between Audi A3 insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may include discounts for driver training, continuous insurance, early quote, save driver, IntelliDrive, new car, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, safe driver, multi-car, and drive less.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Omaha. If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in Nebraska, click here to view.
Getting cheap car insurance pricing is not rocket science. All that’s required is to take the time to compare rates to see which company has low cost Omaha auto insurance quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Omaha, NE. To find cheap auto insurance in NE, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Analysis of coverages
The premium table shown below highlights estimates of insurance premium costs for Audi A3 models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$184||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,102||$92|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$184||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,102||$92|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$208||$426||$362||$22||$108||$1,126||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in your specific Omaha location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Audi A3 annual premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The diagram below shows the difference between Audi A3 premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How do Insurance Companies Determine Audi A3 Insurance Premiums?
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your credit history is important – Having a good credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with worse credit. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Audi A3 by improving your credit score.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Don’t cancel your insurance without a new one in place – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- How much liability protection do you need? – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Audi A3 historical loss data – Insurers analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Audi A3 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Audi A3 Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A3 4dr 2WD 152 90 109 85 Audi A3 4dr 4WD 147 73 111 80BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What happens if I owe more than my Audi A3 is worth?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Omaha car insurance agent
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Omaha for you
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Omaha are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand how they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agents in Omaha who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Tom Kaspar – State Farm Insurance Agent
1722 N 120th St – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 493-0101 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Cory Juma
15665 Harrison St K – Omaha, NE 68136 – (402) 891-6161 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Lance Juett
2708 S 114th St – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 315-1554 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent insurance agents in Omaha willing to provide price quote information.
- Southwell Insurance Agency, LLC.
2809 S 160th St #307 – Omaha, NE 68130 – (402) 493-6940 – View Map
- Best Insurance Agency
7300 F St – Omaha, NE 68127 – (402) 331-1515 – View Map
- Accredited Insurance Group, Inc.
11347 Davenport St – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 334-1780 – View Map
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A3 in Omaha, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Audi A3, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
When searching for cheaper Omaha auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
You just learned a lot of information how to get a better price on Audi A3 insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Omaha Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)