Do you need a better way to compare low-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Omaha? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me, many Omaha drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Shockingly, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never shopped around. Consumers in Nebraska could save an average of about $390 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates. Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the best coverage at the lowest cost out there.
It’s important to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Omaha on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the fastest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you already have coverage or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Omaha is easy if you know what you’re doing. You just have to know the quickest way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Cheap Omaha auto insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Omaha car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower auto insurance rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for multiple cars with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-theft, air bags, military active duty, federal employee, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, early quote, student away at school, good student, and driver training.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, accident-free, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, mature driver, early shopping, good student, homeowner, business and professional, and teen driver.
- Esurance has discounts for good student, safety device, anti-lock brakes, claim free, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, multi-car, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
How much does Pontiac GTO insurance in Omaha, NE cost?
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nebraska. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Nebraska, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Quote Pontiac GTO Insurance Cheaper
Many things are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
High credit rating translates to low costs – An insured’s credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac GTO by repairing your credit.
More stress means more cost – Careers such as lawyers, business owners, and financial analysts have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
Liability limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Better prices on safer cars – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Pontiac has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What policy terms are available?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Omaha.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Omaha that can give you free Omaha car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Omaha that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Omaha who can help you get comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Steven Moor Agency Inc.
13358 W Maple Rd – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 399-8200 – View Map
Len Siedlik – State Farm Insurance Agent
12781 Q St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 895-4446 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Upon getting good feedback for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to provide insurance coverage. But keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy at any time so don’t assume you are locked into your new company for the full term.
Insurance just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Nebraska but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just showed you many ways to find affordable Pontiac GTO insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Discount Pontiac GTO insurance in Omaha can be bought from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Pontiac GTO insurance in Omaha
To save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell insurance in Omaha.
Step 1: Learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional learning opportunities
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Omaha Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)