It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates annually are inclined to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding lower prices. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared rates saved over $850 each year compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Omaha is why you’re here, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to find cheaper Lincoln Continental insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in Omaha. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional ideas to get better rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you’re already insured, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Buying cheaper insurance coverage in Omaha is not as difficult as people think. Although Nebraska vehicle owners must know the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates because it varies considerably.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Defend yourself with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Drive lots and pay more – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Continental may be costing you. Make sure your auto insurance policy reflects the right rating data.
No policy lapses saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
Bad credit will cost you – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Lincoln Continental by improving your credit score. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
Single drivers take more risk – Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
File policy claims and pay more – If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Nebraska provide cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Lower rates with theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
Omaha insurance discounts for a Lincoln Continental
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Omaha auto insurance quote.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce your car insurance premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view car insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Omaha, click here to view.
Cheaper insurance is out there
We just showed you some good ideas how you can find affordable Lincoln Continental insurance in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lincoln Continental rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When searching for affordable Omaha auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)