It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who rate shop once a year are highly likely to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that consumers who compared rates annually saved approximately $72 a month compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on car insurance is your goal, understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Omaha is to compare quotes annually from companies in Nebraska.
First, read and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as speeding and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides tips to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Get quotes now
Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Range Rover coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Quoting and comparing rates for more affordable auto insurance coverage in Omaha is not as hard as you think. In essence, every person who requires lower cost auto insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. But Nebraska vehicle owners need to learn how the larger insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding more affordable rates.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Omaha, NE. To buy cheap car insurance in Nebraska, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Protect your Land Rover vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Land Rover Range Rover has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Land Rover Range Rover but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Nebraska is wasting up to $800 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Smart Buyers Save Every Year
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major insurers apply lower prices to clients that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Land Rover Range Rover is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
File policy claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Nebraska generally give better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a wife or husband actually saves money compared to being single. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
High performance equals high prices – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring the lowest performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
A policy lapse can increase rates – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska DMV.
High credit means lower costs – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Land Rover Range Rover by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower ratings.
Loss statistics for a Land Rover Range Rover – Insurers use past insurance losses to help determine costs. Vehicles that historically have increased losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the loss history for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Land Rover Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD||159|
|Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD||143||139||127||75||73||120|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD||169||116||332||34||104|
|Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD||223||397|
|Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD||166||103||252||47||46||88|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates in Omaha
Some insurers don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Land Rover could earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Omaha and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that have most of these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered in Omaha. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Nebraska, click here.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Omaha.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Omaha that can give you free Omaha auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agents in Omaha are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Omaha that can give you price quote information.
- Mech Insurance
3901 Q St – Omaha, NE 68107 – (402) 731-5965 – View Map
- Southwell Insurance Agency, LLC.
2809 S 160th St #307 – Omaha, NE 68130 – (402) 493-6940 – View Map
- Chastain-Otis Insurance and Financial Services
10822 Old Mill Rd #2 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 397-2500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Omaha that are able to give price quote information.
- Tom Kaspar – State Farm Insurance Agent
1722 N 120th St – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 493-0101 – View Map
- Ryan Hedden – State Farm Insurance Agent
8611 Blondo St – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 392-1939 – View Map
- Larry Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
11717 Burt St #105 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 491-0111 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is there a local claims center in Omaha?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Once you have received good answers to your questions and inexpensive Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Omaha quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles. But remember, once you purchase a policy you can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never assume you are locked into your new company for any length of time.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Omaha. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
When searching for low cost Omaha auto insurance quotes, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Omaha Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)