Do you want to save money by buying lower-priced insurance rates in Omaha, NE? Omaha shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Buick Lucerne insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Buick and get the best price possible either online or from Omaha insurance agents.
It’s amazing but most drivers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost half have never shopped around. The average driver in Omaha could save as much as $400 each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around before your next renewal because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Buick Lucerne insurance in Omaha last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the proper way to get good coverage on Buick Lucerne insurance in Omaha at a lower rate.
Rates and data analysis
The coverage information shown next covers a range of insurance prices for Buick Lucerne models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are established can help customers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lucerne CXL Special Edition||$262||$530||$300||$18||$90||$1,200||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Omaha which can revise premium rates significantly.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders impact Buick Lucerne auto insurance rates for each different age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Score discounts on Omaha car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Lucerne insurance in Omaha.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Distant Student – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
The information below shows the difference between Buick Lucerne insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you need the cheapest Buick Lucerne rate quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state. To see companies that offer many of these discounts in Omaha, follow this link.
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, attorney fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Nebraska state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Lucerne in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Buick Lucerne.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like dental work, ambulance fees, doctor visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Best auto insurance company in Nebraska
Choosing the right car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Nebraska. The ranking information in the next section could help you analyze which providers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
A conclusion for your car insurance search
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just learned some good ideas how to find cheaper Buick Lucerne insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheap Buick Lucerne insurance in Omaha can be bought online in addition to many Omaha insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to buying low-cost Buick Lucerne insurance in Omaha
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Omaha.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)