A recent auto insurance study discovered that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Omaha could save an average of 30% each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Really, the only way to get affordable car insurance rates in Omaha is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who can sell car insurance in Nebraska. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Cayenne coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without sacrificing coverage. Buying affordable car insurance in Omaha is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Consumers just need to understand the proper methods to shop for car insurance from many companies at once.
How to buy Porsche Cayenne insurance online
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Omaha, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Facts and figures for Porsche Cayenne insurance
The coverage information below covers different prices for Porsche Cayenne models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are determined is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cayenne S Transyberia||$336||$782||$338||$20||$102||$1,578||$132|
|Cayenne GTS PD Edition 3||$364||$864||$338||$20||$102||$1,688||$141|
|Cayenne Turbo S||$450||$1026||$338||$20||$102||$1,936||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise auto insurance rates considerably.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Porsche Cayenne car insurance rates for each different age group. The information is based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The diagram below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayenne premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below shows the comparison of Porsche Cayenne premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Porsche Cayenne replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Take advantage of these eight discounts
Insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks get Omaha car insurance on the web.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Cayenne can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Accident Free – Omaha drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Porsche Cayenne auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, accident-free, good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Travelers discounts include continuous insurance, early quote, multi-policy, good student, save driver, and driver training.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, good driver, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-car, safety features, preferred payment discount, new move discount, teen driver discount, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Omaha. To choose insurers that offer discounts in Omaha, click here.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Omaha, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Porsche Cayenne, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche at a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Porsche. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Omaha car insurance agents
Some people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
Types of car insurance agents in Omaha
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can impact the selection process.
These agents work for only one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Omaha exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to compare prices from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Omaha that are able to give comparison quotes.
Best Insurance Agency
7300 F St – Omaha, NE 68127 – (402) 331-1515 – View Map
Specific coverages for a Porsche Cayenne
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Cayenne resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Cayenne to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Nebraska requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like dental work, prosthetic devices, surgery, doctor visits and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Porsche Cayenne.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects and a broken windshield. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.