It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that consumers who compared rates regularly saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your intention, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for Chrysler 200 insurance in Omaha is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Nebraska.
- Spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Omaha. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Omaha is not rocket science. If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Smart buyers just have to know the proper methods to buy insurance online.
Companies offering Chrysler 200 insurance in Nebraska
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Omaha, NE. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Omaha, NE, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Omaha auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on 200 insurance in Omaha.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new 200 can save you some money since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get Omaha auto insurance quotes online.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the discounts shown above include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Omaha. For a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Nebraska, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Local Omaha auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Omaha who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Any good agent in Omaha should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
If you are searching for a local Omaha insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Omaha are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Omaha who can help you get price quotes.
- Erica Wilkinson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7601 Pacific St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 590-2020 – View Map
- Cyrus Jaffery – State Farm Insurance Agent
3015 North 90th Street Ste 3 – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 451-2500 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Lance Juett
2708 S 114th St – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 315-1554 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Many can place coverage with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Omaha that can give you price quote information.
- Jensen Insurance
16909 Burke St #125 – Omaha, NE 68118 – (402) 391-5100 – View Map
- BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
- Nia Insurance Agency Inc
2816 N 24th St – Omaha, NE 68110 – (402) 779-8999 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that you are able to cancel coverage whenever you wish so never assume that you are obligated to any specific company for any length of time.
Which car insurance company is best in Nebraska?
Ending up with the top insurer is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Nebraska. The ranking information in the lists below can help you choose which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Compare but don’t skimp
More affordable car insurance in Omaha can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When you buy Omaha auto insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just read a lot of tips how to find cheaper Chrysler 200 insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Omaha auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chrysler 200 insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)