Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,440, Nebraska drivers could save up to $390 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rates online.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in Omaha. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper MKZ coverage is available in Omaha. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Make sure you store the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in NE, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The table below outlines a range of insurance rates for Lincoln MKZ models. Learning how rates are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$384||$410||$24||$122||$1,098||$92|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$384||$410||$24||$122||$1,098||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Lincoln MKZ yearly insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents can impact Lincoln MKZ annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Lincoln MKZ insurance
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
How Insurance Companies Determine Lincoln MKZ Insurance Prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Lincoln each year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MKZ is throwing money out the window. Double check that your policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Married drivers pay lower premiums – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when shopping for auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Bundle policies to earn discounts – The majority of auto insurance companies apply a discount to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to compare Lincoln MKZ rates in Omaha to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Where you reside can modify premiums – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed – There are many additional coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Frequent auto insurance claims will increase rates – Car insurance companies in Nebraska provide better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Age of drivers impacts premiums – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have been known to be easily distracted when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The chart below is based on a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lincoln MKZ insurance loss data – Companies use past insurance losses to help calculate premium rates. Models that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Lincoln MKZ Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD 137 85 107 95 89 75 Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD 140 82 126 99 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr 148 84 100 74 82 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing the best Lincoln MKZ insurance in Nebraska is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKZ insurance, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Lincoln, most banks will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Lincoln MKZ and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Nebraska overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.