It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around will probably switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around every year saved over $72 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price on Suzuki Kizashi insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can save time and money.
Truthfully, the best way to get low-cost Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Omaha is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Nebraska.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides more information to get low prices and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Omaha is not that difficult. You just need to learn the quickest way to shop for insurance online from multiple companies.
Cheapest companies for Suzuki Kizashi insurance
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Omaha, NE. If you want to find cheap car insurance in NE, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage information shown next outlines different insurance premium costs for Suzuki Kizashi models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are determined can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$224||$382||$338||$20||$102||$1,066||$89|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$224||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,134||$95|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$250||$450||$338||$20||$102||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific location which can affect premiums significantly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below shows the difference between Suzuki Kizashi auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Suzuki Kizashi settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Kizashi insurance premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Suzuki Kizashi insurance prices with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above in Omaha, follow this link.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Omaha Insurance Costs
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or how financially stable you are. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up insurance rates – Companies in Nebraska generally give most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Having just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have received flagrant citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Suzuki Kizashi auto insurance rates for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does car insurance cost less for women? – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Suzuki Kizashi car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Liability insurance is important – Liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Lots of insurers provide a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Credit score impacts premiums – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Suzuki Kizashi by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Which is the best car insurance?
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Should I buy only the required Nebraska minimum liability coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents are professional risk managers
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent. Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Omaha.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Omaha car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent instantly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Omaha can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Omaha that may be able to provide free auto insurance rate quotes.
Southwell Insurance Agency, LLC.
2809 S 160th St #307 – Omaha, NE 68130 – (402) 493-6940 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are Omaha exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Len Siedlik – State Farm Insurance Agent
12781 Q St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 895-4446 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Omaha?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Which car insurance company is best in Omaha?
Insuring your vehicle with the best car insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Nebraska. The company ratings listed below could help you analyze which companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
The best rates come from being thorough
As you quote Omaha car insurance, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Low-cost Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Omaha can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
We covered a lot of information how to compare Suzuki Kizashi insurance rates in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Omaha car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Other learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)