Want to know how to find cheaper insurance rates in Omaha, NE? Omaha shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Dodge Durango insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the best way to compare rates on a Dodge and obtain the cheapest rates from Omaha insurance agents and online providers.
Regrettably, the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Omaha drivers can cut their rates by up to 30% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
All major auto insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide pricing direct online. Getting online rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Omaha is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their quoting system obtains your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Dodge Durango insurance in Omaha makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Nebraska. To buy the cheapest car insurance in NE, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Take advantage of these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will definitely reduce your premiums.
Some of the larger companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose insurers who offer free Dodge Durango insurance quotes in Nebraska, follow this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a small town is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Mature drivers are lower risk – Youthful drivers in Nebraska are proven to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Companies want multiple policies – Lots of insurers provide better rates for people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Dodge every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your auto insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Durango can result in significantly higher rates.
- Accidents drive up prices – A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to file a SR-22 with their state in order to continue driving.
- High performance equals high costs – The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices are usually found on low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Get married and get cheaper rates – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Dodge Durango claim data – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Durango Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Some people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Omaha who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Which auto insurance company is best in Nebraska?
Buying coverage from the right auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Nebraska. The company information shown below could help you choose which providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Quote more and you will save more
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Dodge Durango insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Omaha auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
When getting Omaha auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
How to find the cheapest rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Omaha
The best way we recommend to find discount Dodge Durango insurance in Omaha is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Nebraska. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Omaha Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)