The best way we recommend to get discount Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Omaha is to regularly compare prices from providers in Nebraska. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for instructions to find cheap rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new carrier. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s hard to believe, but most car insurance policyholders in Nebraska kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in the United States could save 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
Five factors that impact insurance rates
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Driving citations hurt – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Even one citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous citations like reckless driving or DUI may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- What’s your car’s IIHS safety rating? – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Ford scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Location can impact price – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. City drivers have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Liability protection is important – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Many companies will award lower prices for people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Omaha
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Omaha Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Fusion Energi insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Omaha car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Omaha and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, switch companies, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, air bags, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, and mySafetyValet.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, defensive driving, good student, accident-free, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, and business or organization.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and continuous coverage.
When quoting, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
One last thing about your coverage
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered a lot of techniques to compare Ford Fusion Energi insurance premium rates in Omaha. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Omaha is available on the web and with local Omaha insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information can be found below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Omaha Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)