It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will probably move their business because there is a great chance of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates annually saved an average of $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for Ford C-Max Energi insurance is your ultimate goal, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Omaha is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Nebraska. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get low prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Shoppers just need to understand the most efficient way to compare price quotes from many companies at once.
Finding more affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance prices is actually quite simple. The only thing you need to do is take time to compare rates online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Nebraska. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Don’t overlook these Ford C-Max Energi insurance discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your car insurance premiums.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Nebraska, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Omaha, insurance is mandatory in Nebraska but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford C-Max Energi has a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Can good grades get a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agencies can help
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Omaha.
By using this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Omaha agents are considered either exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but we need to point out why they differ since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are Omaha independent agencies that can give you free price quotes.
- Mech Insurance
3901 Q St – Omaha, NE 68107 – (402) 731-5965 – View Map
- Jensen Insurance
16909 Burke St #125 – Omaha, NE 68118 – (402) 391-5100 – View Map
- Chastain-Otis Insurance and Financial Services
10822 Old Mill Rd #2 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 397-2500 – View Map
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are trained well in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Omaha who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Tom Rivera
3750 N 156th St – Omaha, NE 68116 – (402) 965-8880 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – S De Los Reyes Agency Inc.
5052 S 108th St – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 339-9052 – View Map
- State Farm: Grant Mussman
606 S 72nd St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 932-0100 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Omaha?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How long has the business existed?
Upon getting positive responses for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.