Have you had enough of scraping nickels together to insure your Dodge every month? You’re in the same situation as many other Nebraska drivers.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around once a year will most likely switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that people who shopped around annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Dodge Charger insurance in Omaha is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to shop and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating. With vehicle owners having so many options for buying cheaper insurance for a Dodge Charger in Omaha, it can be impossible to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Obtaining price quotes for cheaper coverage in Omaha is not as confusing as people think. If you already have coverage or want to find a cheaper company, use these techniques to get lower rates without reducing coverage. You just have to use how to get comparison quotes on the web.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Omaha, NE. To find cheap car insurance in Nebraska, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Some insurers don’t list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you affordable Dodge Charger insurance rates in Omaha.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Charger insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to view providers with significant discounts in Omaha, click here.
Rates and other information
The rate information shown next covers different coverage prices for Dodge Charger models. Learning more about how insurance rates are calculated can help drivers make informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$332||$460||$490||$30||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Charger SXT AWD||$332||$460||$490||$30||$146||$1,458||$122|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$332||$530||$490||$30||$146||$1,528||$127|
|Charger R/T AWD||$366||$530||$490||$30||$146||$1,562||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Omaha which can decrease or increase premium rates substantially.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Dodge Charger insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions raise Dodge Charger insurance premiums for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How Your Charger Insurance Costs are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and dentists generally have the highest average rates because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
Insure car and home with the same company – Some companies will give lower prices to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
Safer cars save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
The higher your credit score the lower your rates – An insured’s credit history will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. So if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your Dodge Charger by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that can add up on your Charger policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
Premiums are affected by your address – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Nebraska cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Dodge Charger insurance loss probability – Companies factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Dodge Charger vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Dodge Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Charger 2WD||148||142||160||176||178||159|
|Dodge Charger 4WD||124||129||115||107||110||138|
|Dodge Charger HEMI||156||106||202||118||127||111|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t I need to get advice from an insurance agency?
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Omaha.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Omaha that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
What types of car insurance agents are in Omaha?
If you want to use local Omaha agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning how they are different because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Omaha that can possibly get you free price quotes.
Best Insurance Agency
7300 F St – Omaha, NE 68127 – (402) 331-1515 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Shane Boring Agency Inc.
16855 Q St – Omaha, NE 68135 – (402) 932-5755 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Once you have received good responses and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. But remember, you are able to terminate coverage at any time so don’t think you’re contractually obligated to any specific company for the entire policy term.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Dodge Charger is totaled?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More effort can pay off
A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Discount Dodge Charger insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When you buy Omaha auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Dodge Charger insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Dodge Charger insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
How to save on Dodge Charger insurance in Omaha
The easiest way to get budget auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Omaha. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Omaha. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Omaha? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)