Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. The average driver in Omaha could pocket $388 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates online.
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Omaha is to compare quotes annually from companies in Nebraska.
- Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more ideas to help prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Highlander coverage is available in Omaha. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Eight Tips to Get Lower-cost Omaha Insurance Prices
Many things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most insurance companies afford better rates to policyholders that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save even more even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Deter theft and reduce rates – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – The deductibles you choose are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Get better rates if married – Your spouse may earn you lower rates when shopping for insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Where you reside factors in – Living in a rural area is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident.
- Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive your Toyota every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Highlander can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your vehicle rating properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Too many insurance claims will drive prices up – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Nebraska award most affordable rates to insureds who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Incidental coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Highlander policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
Toyota Highlander insurance loss probability – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Toyota Highlander vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Toyota Highlander Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD 88 82 94 94 78 75 Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD 95 86 117 88 74 78 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most companies like State Farm and Allstate provide prices on their websites. Doing online quotes for Toyota Highlander insurance in Omaha doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. When complete, the system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price determined by many factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Toyota Highlander insurance in Omaha simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find cheaper rates.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will have a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If you want cheaper car insurance in Nebraska, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Toyota Highlander insurance rate analysis
The coverage information displayed below showcases a range of prices for Toyota Highlander models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are established can help drivers make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$228||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,178||$98|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$228||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,178||$98|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$228||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,178||$98|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$228||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,178||$98|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$228||$420||$390||$24||$116||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premium rates noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how violations and accident claims can drive up Toyota Highlander insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Highlander annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Omaha, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Toyota, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Nebraska is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Discount Omaha insurance quotes
Companies don’t always publicize every discount available very well, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Omaha car insurance online.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Toyota Highlander insurance rates in Omaha.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Highlander annual premium costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Nebraska state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, air bags, military active duty, driver training, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers may have discounts that include driver training, new car, home ownership, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be available in your state. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Omaha, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and also buy local. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Omaha.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Omaha who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents in Omaha can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most also write with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Omaha that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Encore Insurance Group of Omaha
11929 Elm St Suite 11 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 552-8700 – View Map
- BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
- Davis Companies
1313 Cuming St #200 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 399-9090 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Omaha that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Cory Juma
15665 Harrison St K – Omaha, NE 68136 – (402) 891-6161 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
12240 L St #105 – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 491-4100 – View Map
- Ryan Hedden – State Farm Insurance Agent
8611 Blondo St – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 392-1939 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How high should deductibles be on a Toyota Highlander?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
You can find cheap coverage
Low-cost Toyota Highlander insurance in Omaha is definitely available online and with local Omaha insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on Toyota Highlander insurance in Omaha. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best auto insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for State Employees in Omaha? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Young Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Omaha Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)