The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Omaha.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and poor credit can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Omaha. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in Omaha could save themselves approximately 30% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give coverage prices directly from their websites. Comparing Kia Borrego insurance rates online is pretty easy as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price. The ability to get online rates for Kia Borrego insurance in Omaha helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the best car insurance rates.
In order to compare rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Nebraska. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheap rates on Kia Borrego insurance in Omaha with these car insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Omaha auto insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Omaha auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, 55 and retired, youthful driver, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-car, preferred payment discount, newly married, and exclusive group savings.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for multiple vehicles, multi-policy, company car, safe vehicle, mature driver, and teen driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Nebraska, click here.
How Your Borrego Insurance Premiums are Determined
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance rates and driver gender – Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Men and women get in fender benders in similar percentages, but guys have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Save mileage and save money – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos left parked in the garage cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Borrego may be costing you. Double check that your insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Low deductibles mean high premiums – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Save money by having multiple policies – Some insurance companies allow a discount to customers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other Omaha Borrego insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Your address can modify costs – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
Avoid insurance lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nebraska DMV.
Should I talk to an agent?
Many people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Omaha, get answers to these questions.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Omaha?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Omaha agents can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can handle car insurance, but it’s a good idea to understand the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Omaha exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Omaha that are able to give rate quotes.
How much car insurance do I need?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
What is the best auto insurance company in Nebraska?
Buying coverage from the best insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Omaha. The ranking information shown next could help you pick which insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
We just presented many ways to save on Kia Borrego insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Omaha auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Acadia in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)