It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who shop around are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $865 a year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Honda Pilot insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way we recommend to save money on Honda Pilot insurance is to compare prices regularly from companies in Omaha.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Compare quotes for Omaha Honda Pilot insurance
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Omaha, NE. To find cheap auto insurance in Nebraska, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium information below showcases detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Honda Pilot models. Understanding how insurance policy premiums are figured can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$180||$292||$390||$24||$116||$1,002||$84|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$204||$292||$390||$24||$116||$1,026||$86|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$204||$292||$390||$24||$116||$1,026||$86|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$204||$356||$390||$24||$116||$1,090||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nebraska minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Omaha, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Honda. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays more than $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Premiums for males may be higher – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
The chart below shows the difference between Honda Pilot car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Honda from damage. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Low credit score equals high costs – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda Pilot if you clean up your credit. People with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit ratings.
More traffic means higher claims – Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Liability coverage is critical – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Bundling policies can get discounts – Most larger insurers will award a discount to people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Better rates on cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Honda Pilot has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Maintain auto insurance coverage – Driving without insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska DMV.
Loss statistics for a Honda Pilot – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD||70||96||69||82||82||86|
|Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD||79||105||81||88||74||82|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Cover all your bases
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented a lot of tips how to reduce Honda Pilot insurance car insurance rates online in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Omaha car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Omaha Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Santa Fe? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)