Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around at least once a year will probably buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Omaha is your goal, then having an understanding of how to shop for coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on Chevy Volt insurance in Omaha is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Nebraska.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more information to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Companies offering Chevy Volt insurance in Omaha
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Omaha, NE. To find the best cheap auto insurance in NE, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some providers do not list the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Omaha auto insurance online. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy early. It could save around 10% when you buy Omaha auto insurance online.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Omaha auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Don’t be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good student, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-car, preferred payment discount, newly married, safety features, multi-policy, new move discount, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family has savings for accident-free, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, good student, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, mature driver, switch companies, alternative fuel, business and professional, homeowner, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, company car, paperless, anti-lock brakes, mature driver, and paid in full.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
When getting free Omaha auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Omaha.
Local Omaha auto insurance agents and insurance
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is especially important in Omaha.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Omaha for you
If you want to use local Omaha agents, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get some free quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Omaha that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Best Insurance Agency
7300 F St – Omaha, NE 68127 – (402) 331-1515 – View Map
- United Insurance Agencies and Affordable Auto Insurance
1055 N 115th St #208 – Omaha, NE 68154 – (402) 492-8020 – View Map
- Elite Insurance Services, Inc.
11909 P St #203 – Omaha, NE 68137 – (402) 691-8118 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Omaha that can give you rate quotes.
- Ryan Hedden – State Farm Insurance Agent
8611 Blondo St – Omaha, NE 68134 – (402) 392-1939 – View Map
- Aaron Stockton – State Farm Insurance Agent
1411 N 72nd St – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 551-3455 – View Map
- State Farm: Tom Rivera
3750 N 156th St – Omaha, NE 68116 – (402) 965-8880 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
If you get good responses to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. Just understand that it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with the insurance policy for any length of time.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Volt insurance in Omaha. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Omaha auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
When searching for inexpensive Omaha auto insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Omaha Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)