The easiest way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Omaha. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for tips to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s well known that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance in Omaha is your intention, learning how to quote prices and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
When shopping for cheaper Omaha auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many different Nebraska insurance companies. The simplest method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to drive around to all the different insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional advice of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give Omaha Classic insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Nebraska. If you want cheap car insurance in NE, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Omaha may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Omaha drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, early bird, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, and easy pay.
- MetLife may have discounts that include claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including early bird, theft prevention, driver training, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, business and professional, multi-car, early shopping, homeowner, distant student, and teen driver.
- Allstate may offer discounts for utility vehicle, multi-policy, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, and new car.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Classic insurance, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Classic, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Chevy but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Nebraska overpays more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Omaha who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Omaha should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in Omaha?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you need to find a reputable agency, you should know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Omaha can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Omaha that are able to give price quote information.
Tommy Hughes Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
1321 Jones St #104 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 346-1011 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Omaha who can help you get price quote information.
After receiving good feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy when you choose so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific agent indefinitely.