It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for BMW X1 insurance in Omaha is your objective, then learning about how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Really, the only way to find cheaper BMW X1 insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Omaha. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about how car insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and poor credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for tips to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Don’t overlook these BMW X1 insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Resident Student – Kids living away from Omaha attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Paper-free Discount – Some companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow their company to track where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount should help reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Omaha. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Getting low cost insurance pricing is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable BMW X1 insurance quotes.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to local Omaha insurance agencies. Quoting and buying BMW X1 insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the trained guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible to compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Omaha, NE. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Deter theft and pay less – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
- Expect high rates for teens – Teen drivers in Nebraska tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Allowing your car insurance to lapse raises car insurance rates – Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Nebraska department of motor vehicles.
- Drivers with good credit save on car insurance – Your credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your BMW X1 if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Insurance losses for a BMW X1 – Insurers use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Models that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for BMW X1 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for BMW X1 Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When quoting and choosing coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nebraska?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How high should deductibles be on a BMW X1?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Omaha car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nebraska?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a BMW in Omaha, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nebraska these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your X1, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your BMW and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Be persistent and save
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Some companies may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost BMW X1 insurance in Omaha is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Omaha agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Much are Omaha Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)