Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Omaha insurance shoppers can cut their rates by approximately $390 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to compare prices once a year from different companies who provide car insurance in Omaha. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for instructions to help keep prices low and earn larger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas presented in this article. Quoting and comparing the most affordable policy in Omaha is not as hard as you may think. Although Nebraska vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because rates are impacted by many factors.
Cheapest car insurance in Omaha, NE
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Omaha, NE. To find the best auto insurance in NE, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance rates in Omaha
Some providers do not advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Omaha auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize driving patterns remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current Atlas insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Omaha auto insurance quotes online.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select companies reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, switch companies, distant student, youthful driver, pay in full, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO has savings for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, defensive driver, and air bags.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, family plan, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
If you need cheaper Omaha auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To locate companies with the best Volkswagen Atlas insurance discounts in Nebraska, follow this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance agents can help
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Omaha.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
When finding a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Omaha agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Omaha who may provide free rate quotes.
- Davis Companies
1313 Cuming St #200 – Omaha, NE 68102 – (402) 399-9090 – View Map
- BW Insurance Agency, Inc.
13906 Gold Cir # 103 – Omaha, NE 68144 – (402) 918-0102 – View Map
- N P Dodge Insurance
8701 W Dodge Rd #100 – Omaha, NE 68114 – (402) 938-5008 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Omaha willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Steven Moor Agency Inc.
13358 W Maple Rd – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 399-8200 – View Map
- State Farm® insurance – Cort Bonner
3125 N 120th St – Omaha, NE 68164 – (402) 934-4141 – View Map
- Steve Skidmore – State Farm Insurance Agent
17525 Gold Plaza #105 – Omaha, NE 68130 – (402) 330-9200 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Omaha will have answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Omaha?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Omaha?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
How to find a good Nebraska auto insurance company
Picking a good quality insurer can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Omaha. The company ratings shown below could help you pick which auto insurers you want to consider comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence will pay off
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your Volkswagen Atlas insurance car insurance rates in Omaha. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Omaha? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Omaha, Nebraska? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Omaha? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)