It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Omaha is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Nebraska.
- First, try to understand how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and your credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives ideas to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Unfortunately, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. The average driver in Omaha could save an average of almost 30% each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they just switched companies.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. They both have auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Poor driving habits means higher premiums – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one driving citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten careless violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – The majority of insurers will give better rates to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Your location is a factor – Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents. People who live in big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
Cheap Acura NSX insurance in Omaha
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so the list below details both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in high school.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, federal employee, daytime running lights, good student, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may include discounts for save driver, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, driver training, new car, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, newly married, safety features, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Omaha auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts in Omaha, click here to view.
How to find a good Omaha car insurance company
Finding a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Omaha. The company ratings in the lists below can help you analyze which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Omaha Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Persistence will pay off
We just showed you some good ideas how you can shop for Acura NSX insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Acura NSX insurance quotes. You may even find the best rates are with a small local company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links: